Wondering what a career as an Interfor millwright is like? We’ve got that covered here.
Millwrights are responsible for performing mechanical repairs and maintenance on heavy industrial equipment in the sawmill, planer mill, and/or boiler kiln areas.
On a typical day, you could be working on any of these duties:
• Machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance of sawmill, planer mill, kiln and boilers.
• Read and interpret diagrams, service/equipment manuals and work orders to determine work procedures.
• Operate rigging equipment and dollies to move heavy machinery and parts.
• Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances.
• Align and test equipment and make any necessary adjustments.
• Perform predictive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis, and repair or replace defective parts when necessary.
• Service and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical control systems.
• Do fabrication and welding, as well as maintain an inventory of replacement parts.