Application Support Analyst, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Application Support Analyst, your responsibilities range from user access management, security and troubleshooting business issues, to participating in technology projects within IT. The successful candidate will have strong communication and documentation skills, a curiosity about the lumber industry and related applications, and a proactive nature that will assist the team in its growth. The successful candidate will also multitask between day-to-day tasks while taking initiative on larger issues or projects. This role supports the daily business needs of our users and works in conjunction with our Service Desk, Infrastructure, Development, Business Analyst and Projects teams.
What You’ll Do
- Work within a team to provide the highest level of service to Interfor’s systems users.
- Provide primary support at a Level I and Level II on numerous applications.
- Assist other Application Support team members where required.
- Effectively use ServiceNow to document solutions on reported issues.
- Answer user questions, solve user problems and suggest improved systems offerings to improve the user experience.
- Continue education and knowledge-gathering to keep skills current and improve quality of service offering.
- Proactively create documentation and improve processes.
- Obtain knowledge of, and develop documentation on end user standard operating procedures as well as support and business system workflows for multiple systems utilized by Interfor.
- Maintain user security, access rights and user interface configurations.
- Play active role in large IT projects.
- Participate in after-hours support as required.
- Willingness to travel to sawmill sites to assist with application set up, troubleshooting and maintenance as required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
What You Offer
- 5+ years of experience in a customer service support or application support role in IT.
- Degree or certification in Information Technology, Business Administration or a related field.
- ITIL Foundation certificate preferred.
- Experience with incident management systems (e.g., ServiceNow).
- Experience with Microsoft O365 administration is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or financial applications is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the forestry or wood products industry is considered an asset.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to update and complete requests/incidents effectively.
- Willingness to handle repetitive tasks as well as drive and own challenging incidents.
- Ability to provide a positive, helpful and proactive approach to Application Support services in order to grow and take on more Tier II issues and new applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work collaboratively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to communicate business concepts effectively to vendors as well as communicate technical concepts and information effectively to non-technical staff.
- Desire to be involved with and proactively engage with other IT projects.
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Strong work ethic, efficient and productivity oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to empathize and understand user experience.
- Interest in the forestry industry and related technologies.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.