Saw Filer, Matagami, Quebec
When you join our team as a Saw Filer, you will be responsible for the safe maintenance, fitting, repairing, and adjusting of all types of saws and knives.
What You’ll Do
- Inspection of circular saws which means to bench, inspect saws for plumb, level and proper tension.
- Correct saw plate defects by hammering the saws and maintaining tooth geometry of circular saws with sharpening.
- Responsible for knife replacement schedule and ensure proper clearances are kept within machine centers throughout facility including Sawline, Edger and Planers.
- Responsible of sharpening knives for Sawline, Edger, Chipper and Planer.
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of all saw filing equipment.
- Maximize equipment uptime and quality while having the highest commitment to safety.
- Maintain and align components of circular saw in machine centers – including edgers and trimmers.
- Measure product sizes to ensure accuracy and monitor throughout cut and make necessary adjustments.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any mechanical/electrical problems.
What You Offer
- High School Diploma.
- Certified Journeyman Saw Filer (Asset).
- Sawmill experience as a Saw Filer, Saw Fitter or Bench man.
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process.
- Must be able to work shift work and weekends.
- Exercise vigilance and adhere to all health/safety policies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and ability to work in a team environment.
- Methodical and effective.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.