Administrative Assistant, Longview, Washington
When you join our team as a Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting in various accounting and clerical tasks to support the site in both daily and monthly functions.
What You’ll Do
- Greet and direct visitors and vendors, while reinforcing all COVID-related procedures.
- Send outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail.
- Direct incoming calls.
- Assist site with making copies, laminating, ordering supplies, etc.
- Maintain PPE supplies for visitors & new hires at main office.
- Assist site leadership with miscellaneous projects related to employee engagement, retention or safety initiatives.
- Accounts Payable/Purchasing
- Verify all invoice extensions and totals, calculate discounts and sales tax, and scan vouchers for payment.
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files.
- Issue purchase orders and receive items in computerized purchasing system.
- Record by-product shipments for invoicing and assist with reconciling log purchases.
What You Offer
- Strong organizational skills with a clear aptitude for detail accuracy
- Basic MS Office skills (Excel and Word), proficient keyboarding skills
- Must be a ‘self-starter’ and be capable of performing in a self-directed manner.
- Positive, proactive, detail-oriented and driven to succeed.
- Effective organization, planning, implementation, and follow up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.