Sorter Operator, Bay Springs, Mississippi
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to
join our team as a Sorter Operator in Bay Springs, Mississippi. Starting rate for this position is $18.00 per hour with the potential to grow based on skill level and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Complete daily checklist as required and PMs on sorter. Communication must be clear to repair any problems with equipment.
- Clearly communicate any problems with equipment immediately so repairs can be made ASAP.
- “Drop out” full bays in a timely manner making sure they are properly spaced on the haul out chain.
- Make sure all packs being transferred to the stacker are straight on the chain so that they are ready to be stacked.
- Maintain all housekeeping standards while keeping entire work area clean and organized.
- Perform any other task deemed necessary by the superintendent/crewleader
- Perform any and all duties in a safe manner to insure no injuries to one’s person occur in any way
- Observe all procedures specified in the job safety analysis to prevent any injuries.
- Anytime a situation occurs which you feel you do not know how to handle properly and safely, Stop! Go the Supervisor/Crewleader and ask for proper instruction without any hesitation.
- Need to be able to get bin report for all grades and lengths so changeover can be quicker.
- When a bay is not operating properly, need to be able to resolve the problem ASAP, or get Maintenance or Supervisors help if needed.
- Need to be able to reset bay when dropping out lumber for any reason at all times.
- Make sure all divert straps are not broke before starting up sorter.
- Keep all photo eye reflectors clean.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, Standing and Stairs, Bending and Lifting (Up to 25 lbs.)
What You’ll Offer
- High School education or GED equivalent preferred
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.