Boiler Kiln Operator, Bay Springs, Mississippi
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to
join our team as a Boiler Kiln Operator in Bay Springs, Mississippi. Starting rate for this position is $20.10 per hour with the potential to grow based on skill level and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Keep fuel to the fire boxes and clean out fire boxes on set schedule
- Maintain water level in boilers
- Operate a bobcat to load fuel onto feed fuel chains.
- Communicate on a daily basis with kiln operators.
- Perform water treatment and analysis.
- Complete Moisture Content Analysis to ensure correct moisture levels.
- Document in the boiler log any adjustments made to boiler controls and/or unusual events that occur to boiler during shift
- Complete all checklists
- Accurately maintain daily downtime reports
- Perform daily housekeeping duties
- Participate in quarterly company boiler system cleanout
- Assist maintenance workers with preventative maintenance, repairs as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with EPA policies
- Adhere to all safety policies and perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner to one’s person and no damage to mill property occur in anyway.
- Work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and long shifts during shutdown.
- Adhere to all safety regulations especially lockout/tagout.
- Attend weekly safety meetings
- Perform any assigned duties or task as directed by a manager/ supervisor.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, Standing and Sitting, Stairs, Bending and Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.)
What You Offer
- High School education or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to operate a bobcat to load fuel onto feed fuel chains.
- Must be willing and able to learn the boiler computer database system
- Must be able to respond in emergency situations and go through the proper emergency procedures
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.