Human Resources Manager, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of Interfor’s Human
Resources plans and programs across its Sawmills and Woodlands Operations
located in British Columbia with a focus on our operations in Castlegar and Grand Forks, BC. This
position will partner with operation leadership to deliver the region’s strategic
talent development activities, administer labour and employee relations events,
and effectively implement corporate HR programs and initiatives.
The successful candidate can be based at our Corporate Office in Burnaby, BC or near one of our operations in Castlegar or Grand Forks, BC.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with leaders to deliver the region’s organizational development strategy related to leadership development, attraction and retention, talent reviews for hourly and salary workforce, diversity initiatives and community engagement plans.
- Build trusting relationships with leaders to ensure the effective delivery of HR programs.
- Advise and counsel leaders to prevent or resolve workplace issues; conduct investigations as required, coach and support leaders in conducting investigations and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Manage the development, implementation and administration of human resource policies and procedures. Communicate and interpret policies and procedures as necessary.
- Provide business leaders with current labour and employee relations expertise.
- Collect, analyse and report out on key HR metrics.
- Build trusting relationships with union leaders to navigate labour relations issues.
- Oversee strategic labour relations including assisting with labour negotiations, provide advice for Step 3 grievances, be the main point of contact for arbitrations and responsible for collaborating between business leaders and legal representation.
- Provides advice and information to managers on the interpretation and application of the collective agreement and workplace legislation and policies.
- Liaise with other HR leaders to ensure consistent approach and delivery of programs.
- Build tools for front-line leaders to navigate and document labour and employee relations issues in a consistent way across the region
- Work with safety leaders on issues that may have a direct impact on labour and employment issues.
- Provide advice and guidance and oversee the leave management and return to work process related to WorkSafe BC.
What You Offer
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including talent development, labour and employee relations and community engagement.
- Experience managing multi-site operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with claims management desirable.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Authentic interpersonal style and able to build strong relationships.
- Strategic and practical labour relations knowledge and experience.
- Solutions orientated business partner.
- Capable to think strategically and long term.
- Detail orientated with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive and energetic team environment.
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information.
- Ability to travel approximately 40-50% of the time.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.