Yard Supervisor, Timmins, Ontario
When you join our team as a Yard Supervisor, reporting to the Mill Manager, you will be responsible for the yard
management, receiving of raw materials and accountable for processes associated
with consumption and inventory management with primary focus on improved
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for supervision of team of heavy equipment operators.
- Responsible for the compliance of our yard management plan.
- Accountable for raw material inventory processes, goods receipt, and accuracies.
- Responsible for quality and consistency of finished product placement in yard.
- Manage yard maintenance, snow removal, sanding, and keeping the environment clean and tidy.
- Manage timely and disciplined FIFO lumber & finished product rotation.
- Ensure Quality of inbound products, organized and consistency of rows throughout the yard.
- Manage inventory to minimize handling cost.
- Manage residual inventories and month end reporting.
- Liaise with site department heads on Safety, Production, Woodlands,Maintenance, and Human Resources.
- Liaise with Shipping and Logistics to manage truck scheduling and loading.
- Responsible for the appropriate use of best practices in yard management.
- Perform all related supervision duties (reports, payroll, incident reporting, performance, training, vacation, work scheduling, etc.).
What You Offer
- Post secondary education in forestry or related field would be considered an asset.
- Minimun of 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role, in manufacturing industry.
- Relevant experience in Supervision and Inventory Management.
- Proficient in Excel, SAP experience would be considered an asset.
- Commitment to and proven Health and Safety accountabilities.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; French would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines.
- Analyzing and good organizational and decision-making skills.
- Result-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, rigor, and good judgment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.