Service Desk Support Technician, Peachtree City, Georgia
When you join our team as a Service Desk Support Technician, you will be responsible for effectively supporting, maintaining, and deploying systems, focusing on the desktop and user experience from an inclusive viewpoint. The Service Desk Support Technician will be a first point of contact for Interfor’s end-users providing superior customer service support and follow up.
What You’ll Do
- Work within a team to provide the highest level of service to Interfor’s systems end-users.
- Answer end-user calls (email, phone, chat, deskside) and assist them in a friendly, timely, and positive manner.
- Answer user questions, solve user problems and suggest better systems offerings to improve the user experience.
- Utilize the systems provided to track, manage, and escalate trouble tickets through resolution.
- Apply skills in implementing and supporting all Interfor’s network and systems at the direction of management.
- Participate in projects as assigned by management.
- Monitor trouble alerts, network lines and backups proactively in designated manner.
- Maintain IT equipment inventory in asset management system to track company assets and to ensure users have current, supportable computers.
- Assist Remote Support, Infrastructure and App Support teams as required.
- Visit sites as necessary as determined by management for best user end experience.
- Assist management in ensuring IT charges are correctly allocated to appropriate operations.
- Enforce security policies and procedures.
What You Offer
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a service desk or similar role supporting end-users in an enterprise environment.
- Post-secondary education required (preferably in a technical field).
- Experience with systems utilized by Interfor which include, but are not limited to Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 including Microsoft Teams and OneDrive, CrowdStrike, Endpoint Central,ServiceNow, Cisco phone systems, Citrix Workspace, Lenovo Hardware, Xerox and HP printers, InTune, and VMWare console.
- Mobility support for Apple and Samsung phones and tablets.
- Experience and vendor training in the lumber manufacturing industry is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Some travel may be required within our Southern Operations.
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Ability to empathize and understand end-user experience to determine root causes of issues.
- Customer Service focused.
- Positive, proactive, detailed oriented and driven to succeed.
- Ability to self-direct and work under timeline pressures
- Must be willing to contribute to team goals and responsibilities.
- Willingness to keep up to date on industry knowledge through research, formal education, and vendor information.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products and WAN/LAN networks.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.