Process Control & Optimization Specialist, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Process Control & Optimization Specialist, you will be responsible for the implementation of control systems, programming on start-up projects, and daily operational issues. This position will be responsible for system specification, design, architecture, and development of automated systems with other team members of the Project personnel, Electrical technicians, Electricians, and operational crew to maximize Automation efficiency and meet needs within the sawmill.
What You’ll Do
- Leverages technical expertise to analyze, identify technical issues and implement solutions.
- Develop and support Automation initiatives on many platforms.
- Prepare Electrical Design, Programming, Instrumentation, and Industrial IT initiative to support start-ups for all other lumber units.
- Train technician on Automation System.
- Prepare configuration of various automation systems (process control systems, safety instrumented systems, biomass thermal and gas systems) including code development, ability to specify hardware needed as per projects or situation.
- Responsible for implementing code, system simulation, operator training and commissioning support to all units.
- Troubleshoot issues analysis, find, and implement solutions.
- Develop standards, procedures, training manuals, and other documentation for projects or internal use.
- Oversee the use of communication networks for control of equipment and monitoring systems to include IP addressing and managed switches effecting process control.
- Ensures project documentation according to management standards and expectations.
- Participate in various other ad hoc projects as needed.
What You Offer
- College degree in industrial electronic technology or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in troubleshooting and programming with Schneider PLC running on the legacy LL984 language, Unity Pro, Wonderware, ControlLogix PLC and its programming suites.
- Experience configuring control systems in a manufacturing environment with start-up projects experience within Sawmills. (Lumber industry).
- Hands-on PLC programming installation/service engineering/troubleshoot hardware and peripheral devices such as VFD, Servo Motor and HMI.
- Hands-on troubleshooting machine as a whole (electric, control and mechanic).
- Understanding of the use of Automation in a Sawmill plant process and basic unit operations to assist with the design of process control strategies.
- Understanding basic pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Ability (valid driver license) and willingness to travel regularly.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytic skillset, independent and initiative.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment.
- Is flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and situations.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.