Millwright, Thomaston, Georgia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Millwright in Thomaston.
What You’ll Do
- Read and understand equipment drawings and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Cut, weld, and perform fabrication work with different types of steel.
- Assess repairs and estimate time frames to complete.
- Repair machinery in a timely manner.
- Identify mechanical and hydraulic problems and assist in findings solutions and making necessary repairs.
- Identify shaft sizes, measure up, and build shafts for replacement.
- Identify and change sprockets, bearings, and chains etc.
- Communicate directly and professionally with operators about how equipment is running to learn about any problems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the Planning and Scheduling Departments.
- Adhere to an absolute lock-out policy, ensuring that the power source is turned off, machine locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Submit work requests.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the time it took to complete the job.
What You Offer
- 2 to 4 years of millwright level experience.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent Preferred.
- Prior manufacturing/warehouse/lumber operations experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to work in varying seasonal climate conditions.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, climbing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.