Forklift Operator – Shipping, Summerville,
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Forklift Operator – Shipping in Summerville, . Starting rate for this position is $21.00 per hour.
What You’ll Do
- Accurately and safely load and unload semi-trucks with materials.
- Maintaining cleanliness of warehouse area; clean up in shipping areas.
- Identifying problem lumber units and correct or report to Supervisor.
- Complete daily forklift inspections (PM’s) and report issues to supervisor.
- Clean forklifts routinely using the pressure washer.
- Help to wrap lumber in preparation for shipment.
- Fill in as needed in planer mill outfeed area.
- Safely operate forklift at all times.
- Help maintain an orderly and organized lumber warehouse.
- Load and tarp rail cars.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, Bending, and Lifting (Up to 50 lbs).
What You’ll Offer
- High School education or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
- Forklift certified or the ability to be certified within a reasonable amount of time and usually within one training course.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to respond in emergency situations and go through the proper emergency procedures.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.