Production Supervisor, Summerville, South Carolina
When you join our team
as a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Dry Kilns. The successful candidate will be an engaging safety leader who will manage a highly motivated team in a technical and fast-paced manufacturing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Provide direct supervision of employees to support the kiln drying operation.
- Lead improvements in safety, compliance, productivity, and quality in the lumber drying process.
- Supervise the drying, and storing operations of in-process lumber products
- Provide leadership in the areas of planning, assigning and directing work, training, evaluating employee performance and holding crew members accountable for their performance.
- Coordinate with maintenance and production personnel at all levels of the site organization to continually strive for operational excellence.
- Oversee kiln drying product quality.
- Analyze kiln operations and implement process improvement initiatives to maximize kiln efficiency.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the wood products industry; specifically with lumber dry kiln operation.
- At least 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Lumber grading ticket would be an asset.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and working knowledge of lumber handling and kiln processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company,
operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer
one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe,
produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute
to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and
operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are
proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy
and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our
approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies
in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our
What We Offer
value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow,
and prosper. We
offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and
benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow
your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to
‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position
must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.