Millwright Accelerator Training
This program is for experienced maintenance employees who have demonstrated the ability to perform essential job functions of a Millwright and want to upgrade their skills and career with a lesser time commitment than the Millwright Apprenticeship Program. For a snapshot of how the program works and the application process, take a look at our Millwright Accelerator Training fact sheet.
The Millwright Accelerator training consists of 3 levels in keeping with the 3 levels of the Millwright Apprenticeship Program. Each level includes:
- Five weeks of pre-work consisting of:
- 1-hour virtual classroom session each week
- Required reading each week
- Required assignments each week
- A 5-day hands-on workshop –
- The Workshops are held off-site at Interfor’s Center for Trades Excellence in Perry, GA and will take place for 5 full days. Participants are from across Interfor’s US mills. Instruction is provided by the same instructor who teaches the Millwright Apprenticeship Program.
- An assessment is required at the completion of the workshop. Successful completion of Level 1 Accelerator Training is required to participate in Level 2 Accelerator Training and successful completion of Level 2 Accelerator Training is required to participate in level 3.
- Travel and meal accommodations are provided, If necessary.
- A maximum of 12 participants are allowed for each session.
We are accepting up to 12 participants for each upcoming and future sessions across Interfor’s US mills.
- Complete application in Talent Center by the deadline.
- Review of work performance.
- Interview with local mill leadership.