TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE
Everyone benefits when we work together
Smart Future: A Path Forward for B.C.’s Forest Products Industry
The Council of Forest Industries (COFI) has released a plan—Smart Future: A Path Forward for B.C.’s Forest Products Industry—with 60 policy choices that can be made today to secure a stronger future for B.C.’s forest sector. The 60 choices for a better future are outlined under five major areas:
- Invest in, and protect, our working forest land base
- Have smart rules that protect the environment and encourage investment
- Strengthen participation of Indigenous people and partnerships with communities
- Double down on market and product diversification
- Be the global hub for expertise in low-carbon, green building
B.C.’s forest industry is in a time of transition. We encourage all British Columbians—and especially those who work in the forest industry—to read this plan.
2020 Corporate Sustainability Report
Wood is the ultimate natural, renewable and strong building material, and the global demand will only grow. But wood products only have value if we can produce them in ways that generate economic growth, create social benefits and minimize the impact on the environment. It’s a fine balance that we achieve through commitment to collaboration and continuous improvement. To learn more, please read our 2020 Corporate Sustainability Report.
Continuous improvement: We strive for excellence in everything we do.
It’s the core of our approach to business and our never-ending quest. We strive every day to be better at what we do, and actively measure our success against these goals:
- Producing quality products on spec, on time, every time so our customers can count on us as their trusted partner.
- Protecting the environment by adhering to the highest standards in sustainable woodlands and mill management.
- Creating a work environment that is safe, supportive and enriching so our employees can proudly invest their future with us.
- Generating attractive returns so shareholders can confidently profit from their investments in us.