Industrial Electrician, Elk Lake, Ontario
When you join our team as a Industrial Electrician, you will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing equipment, and responding to emergency breakdowns. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities.
What You’ll Do
- Perform daily checks (continuity, current, voltage and resistance) and diagnostics.
- Repair/install/test the equipment (transformers, regulators, motors, generators, electrical control systems and others).
- Design control panels and install circuit power distribution.
- Interpret the requirements of the electrical code and ensure compliance.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns.
What You Offer
- College diploma in instrumentation and control or vocational studies diploma in maintenance electricity.
- At least two years of experience in an industrial environment (especially in a sawmill).
- “C” licence as an electrician (a good asset).
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (another good asset).
- Availability to work day, evening or night shifts (weekdays or weekends).
- Efficient, methodical and organized.
- Team player with initiative.
- Analytical, conscientious and flexible.
- Results-oriented, in compliance with safety standards.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.