Sawmill Superintendent, Summerville, Caroline du Sud
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Sawmill Superintendent for our sawmill in Summerville, SC. The Sawmill Superintendent will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of the sawmill and will work closely with other areas of the business to optimize the production performance of the operation.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Manage and identify opportunities to improve productivity, reduce cost, and maximize the quality, value, and recovery of lumber produced.
- Engage production and maintenance workers to achieve targets, meet expectations, and address deficiencies in a productive and professional manner.
- Ensure quality standards are met throughout the manufacturing process.
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
- Hire, train, coach, mentor, develop and supervise the work of employees.
- Directly supervise plant employees from the scale house and second shift sawmill operation.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competencies and knowledge.
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the sawmill department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all employees.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education preferred, with an industry related degree or diploma
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of progressive sawmill supervisory experience
- Must have experience with all phases of sawmill operations, familiarization with optimization considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience in lumber manufacturing
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ability to coach and mentor employees one-on-one as well as in groups
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Desire to lead and support a talented team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Outlook and Excel
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.