On July 9, 2021 Interfor completed its purchase of the DeQuincy, LA sawmill from Georgia Pacific. We are pleased to announce that the plant will resume operations in the first half of 2022. We will host an open house to welcome past employees and share more details about our restart plan.
If you are a former employee of the mill and interested in returning, register your details below and we will be in touch.
Are you a former DeQuincy Employee?
Interested in Returning?
Provide your contact details below.
Be part of our restart plan.
- Interfor will honor prior years of service at the DeQuincy mill for the purpose of determining time off.
- Returning employees will be offered immediate eligibility for most benefits.
- You will receive a $500.00 (USD) welcome bonus on your first payment as a “Welcome to Interfor.”
Interfor Benefits & Perks
- Competitive entry rate of $18 per hour and skilled rates starting at $26.45 per hour
- 401(k) plan
- Benefit plans including medical, dental, and vision
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employment Development Programs:
- Sawmill Industry training with BCIT
- Skilled Operator Training
- Millwright Apprenticeship Program
- Leadership Development & Advancement
- Employees can earn up to $1,200 (USD) per quarter through gainsharing to celebrate hard work
- Shift Differentials for afternoon and night shifts
- Safety eyewear and boot programs
- Fun employee and community events
New to the sawmill industry and interested in joining the team?
Click below to complete an expression of interest.