Yard & Kiln Supervisor, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Yard & Kiln Supervisor, Reporting
to the Mill Manager, you will be responsible for leading the log/lumber yard
and kiln personnel in a safe and efficient manner to achieve site goals. You
will also be responsible for managing mobile equipment, maintenance of the
roadways and the log yard, residual materials, log and lumber quality issues,
round wood, lumber, and residual inventory management, ensuring efficient
loading and unloading of trucks. As well
you will be responsible for kiln operations ensuring optimum quality and
What You’ll Do
- Timely and disciplined FIFO product rotation.
- Quality and consistency of raw, in process, and finished product throughout the yard.
- Ensure proper log mix is available for sawmill consumption.
- Manage inventory to minimize handling cost of logs and lumber.
- Manage yard equipment and yard maintenance (septic beds, storm sewers and ditches, snow removal, sanding, and dust suppression).
- Manage equipment and personnel for the loading and unloading of all products.
- Manage residual inventories and month end reporting.
- Responsible for the appropriate use of best practices in yard and kiln management.
- Responsible for effective kiln operations
- Coordinate kiln maintenance work requirements
- Weigh scales maintenance and cleaning.
- Fuel management and month end reporting.
- Mobile equipment budget control.
- Perform all related supervisor duties (reports, payroll, incident reporting, performance, training, vacation, work scheduling, etc.).
What You Offer
- Post secondary education in business and/or forestry or equivalent experience would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in lumber/log yard and/or kiln operation experience or manufacturing at a supervisory level.
- Kiln drying experience and knowledge is a definite asset.
- Good working knowledge of leading and managing within a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and significant achievements in support.
- Strong computer skills.
- Safety leadership, commitment to and belief in an injury free workplace
- Be able to communicate technical information.
- Show an ability to establish relationships and promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrate leadership and integrity within a team environment
- Possess a strong continuous improvement focus with analysis and problem-solving skills
- Have good time and priority management and be able to work under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to learn.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package. We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.