Woodlands Systems Coordinator, Timmins, CUSTOM.STATE
you join our team as a Woodlands Systems Coordinator, reporting to the Forestry IT Manager, you will provide assistance and
technical support to the users of the suite of Woodlands Software, for all of
our sawmills based in Ontario and Quebec, in order to process woodlands
You will be responsible to ensure the
conformity of data information systems, documentation, procedures in addition
to develop and communicate solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (Accounting, Woodlands Operation Controller, Forestry IT, Corporate IT, Wood Measurement, and Forest Operations groups) to ensure proper function of the weigh scale and contractor payment system;
- Provide technical support for the suite of Woodlands Operation Software (PGSCF – Felix, Megafor, GRTB);
- Assist the accounting group to identify and correct problems of weighscale transactions;
- Ensure the timely flow of Felix (weighscale) data and the proper codification to central server (Felix and Megafor);
- Ensure weight scale samples are properly imported into Felix at each location;
- Validate mass volume conversion factors as calculated by Felix for contractor payment on a weekly basis;
- Provide log quality reports by contractor for the purpose of contractor payment;
- Act as single point of contact in identifying and documenting software issues with the suite of Woodlands Software;
- Co-chair meetings with the Supplier for solutions or workarounds;
- Develop and ensure adherence to company procedures, and standards with regards to proper setup of Felix data (ie. Origins, Machines, Complements, Sample Plans), and to the use of PGSCF products;
- Responsible for the adherence of our Block Requests workflows;
- Ensure development of documentation with regards to the use of PGSCF products and provide training as required;
- Analyze the results of data errors, identify, and develop data validation procedures using such tools as SQL query language.In addition, recommend necessary adjustments;
- Develop standard web-reports in the dissemination of wood receipt information and provide training to internal clients;
- Assist with month-end reporting tasks;
- Assist with the processing of Crown Dues and the validation of data;
- Generate and provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports to contractors, sawmill and senior management staff and generate ad hoc reports as requested by Interfor staff and contractors.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science, Accounting, Forestry or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar responsibilities.
- Knowledgeable in Wood Measurement and Accounting principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Office Suite software (Excel) and database principles (SQL); Woodlands Software systems knowledge would be an asset.
- Fluent, in both spoken and written, French and English, regular communication with partners in Quebec and Ontario;
- Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving and analysis;
- Demonstrate teamwork skills, dynamic, independent and resourceful;
- Initiative and ability to manage priorities and timelines;
- Have good interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service;
- Excellent sense of organization, detail oriented and focused on results;
- Rigor and integrity.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company,
operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer
one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe,
produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and
contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers,
and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are
proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy
and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more
about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest
forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting
directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a
career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive
salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market
conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With
our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from
within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out
our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants
offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and
background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable,
committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or
If you are
invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any special
accommodations you may require. Any information you send us will be treated
with respect and confidentiality.