Woodlands Manager, Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a Woodlands Manager, reporting
to the General Manager of Forestry, the selected candidate will plan, organize,
direct and control the activities of the woodlands team, oversee its
effectiveness, and meet objectives while ensuring that prevailing safety and
quality standards are upheld.
You will negotiate contracts related to forest planning, road construction,
harvesting and operations. You will also establish and maintain contact
with all stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Plan, organize, direct and control forest operations to supply the Val d’Or and Matagami sawmills.
- Negotiate contracts with contractors and ensure these contracts are followed and complied with.
- Establish and maintain respectful relations with First Nations.
- Prepare and track budgets.
- Manage and provide the mentoring to the staff under your supervision.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with prevailing legislation and regulations.
- Perform all other necessary tasks related to your position.
What You Offer
- Education in forestry combined with relevant forestry experience
- Have experience managing operations teams, projects, and operating budgets.
- Experience and significant achievements involving different stakeholders, including First Nations.
- Advanced knowledge of computer tools, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Be available to travel occasionally as required.
- Be self-directed and demonstrate organization and planning skills.
- Show proactivity and innovation.
- Show professionalism, good judgement, and discipline.
- Grasp business issues and establish professional relationships, based on respect.
- Effective negotiation skills.
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.