Woodlands Administrative Assistant, Castlegar, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Woodlands Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Kootenay Woodlands team with administrative assistance and data organization and management. As this role will support our Kootenay Woodlands team, we are open to the successful candidate being based out of our Castlegar, Grand Forks, or Nakusp office.
What You’ll Do
- Administrative support to forestry staff.
- Data management associated with above noted activities.
- Office management (complete required duties for managing an office building).
- Preparing and sending out daily contractor reports.
- Woodlands Procurement, PO’s, field equipment orders etc.
- Booking events, Travel and other things associated with forestry staff operations.
- Data entry and Electronic File Organization.
- Teamwork and assistance to all department.
- Administrative assistant training or 2 years related work experience.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Secondary School Education.
- Strong computer skills, (powerpoint, excel, word & data management).
- A self-starter who seeks out how to help and make others more efficient.
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Positive attitude and hard work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize and takes pride in being prompt and accurate.
- Strong attention to detail.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.