Woodlands Accountant – Roads Infrastructure, Val-d’Or,
When you join our team as a Woodlands Accountant – Roads Infrastructure, you will report to the Woodlands Operations Controller and you will be responsible of the full accounting cycle related to the woodland’s roads infrastructure construction and maintenance activities required to move the harvested wood from the forest to the sawmills. Your responsibilities will be to control and process roads Invoices, prepare projects reports, manage governmental roads funding program, and implement process improvement in cost control system. This role will be based at our Val-D’or/Montreal location in Quebec or Timmins/Sudbury Location in Ontario (can be any other location in our operating area).
What You’ll Do
- Ensure timely processing of all Roads Invoices.
- Manage, communicate, and handle Roads Funding Program in Ontario and Quebec.
- Manage roads construction and maintenance projects cost control process including but not limited to enhancement in the system.
- Prepare roads construction and maintenance cost reports on weekly and Monthly basis.
- Develop and manage key operational metrics to improve cost efficiency and performance
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of financial transactions and compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts and sub-ledgers.
- Ensure that strong internal controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Be proactive and engaged with operations by regularly visiting woodlands production sites to learn about and address specific requirements and be on top of current operations challenges.
- Share best practices with other finance team members within the organization on tools, system utilization and processes.
What You Offer
- University degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA designation is an asset.
- 5 years of experience in an accounting role in a project or construction environment.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Have experience with an ERP system (SAP or Oracle an asset).
- Must be bilingual – Mastery of written and oral French and English.
- Strong Accounting background and experience in accounting cycles.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Agility and ability to deal with tight deadlines.
- Customer service oriented and teamwork.
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to effectively respond to questions/queries.
- Critical thinking skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.