Woodlands Operations Supervisor, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Woodlands Operations Supervisor, you will report to the Ear Falls Woodlands Superintendent. Duties will include planning and supervision of road construction, road maintenance, harvesting, and log hauling operations.
What You’ll Do
- Daily Supervision of ensuring safe forest operations, including road building/maintenance, harvesting and log hauling to meet the needs of the Ear Falls sawmill and external mill customers.
- Monitoring on safety, environment and product quality.
- Prepare allocated cut blocks for harvest (road and boundary layout, prework approval, mapping) and schedule work with respective contractors.
- Monitor and report costs and production weekly of respective operations.
- Conduct safety and environment audits on contractors.
- Other related tasks.
What You Offer
- Have a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or business, or equivalent experience.
- Have acquired a minimum of two of field experience in harvest operations.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcView GIS (or equivalent) and GPS technology
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time outdoors, in a forested environment, in various weather and field conditions.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and rigour in the delivery of his assignments.
- Adaptable and able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, decision-making skills and results oriented.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.