Woodland Operations Superintendent, Matagami, Quebec
When you join our team as a Woodland Operations Superintendent, you will report to the Woodlands Manager and be responsible for planning and carrying out
activities to achieve the objectives for safety standards, product quality
standards for contract road building, harvest, and haul operations for our Woodlands Operations.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise and support harvesting operations to ensure they are being carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner by preparing and maintaining short and long terms operational plans and ensure full utilization of the forest resource to the benefit of the Company.
- Oversee and coach a group of Operations Supervisors and various service contractors.
- Develop harvest plans to meet the supply needs of both internal and external customers taking into account a multiple of constraints including provincial legislation, guidelines and policies; approved forest management plans, seasonal restrictions and access development.
- Sustain a wood flow to the sawmill.
- Participate in the development and execution of forest management plans for the optimal management of the forest (cost, inventory, age of the wood, species, etc.) in short-mid-and long term.
- Monitor forest operations compliance to ensure the successful implementation of the Annual Fire Plan and Annual Work Schedules.
- Liaise with the MFFP on day-to-day operational issues.
- Monitor and report on aggregate pit permits to ensure that all active pits are in compliance.
What You Offer
- Strong mobilizing leadership and coaching ability.
- Integrity and ability to work in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and time.
- Good communication skills and team oriented.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to maintain strong business relationship
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values and results.
- Preferable to hold a Bachelor or Collegial Degree in Forestry or Business Administration.
- Registration as a Professional Forester in Québec (strong asset).
- Minimum 5 years in forest operations planning and project costing.
- Must be familiar with all forestry related government laws, regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills (Bilingual is an asset).
- Computer skills required include strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access; ARCGIS and
- ArcView, GIS software; GPS operation and etc.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.