Interfor is seeking
energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Welder in Chase.
Starting rate for this position is $47.01 per hour.
This position is eligible
for our signing bonus program.
Applicants should live in or be willing to relocate to the Adams/Shuswap Lakes
area. This is not a camp or remote work facility. A relocation package may be
What You’ll Do:
- Read and interpret blueprints and welding specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations as well as using all personal protective gear/equipment as required.
- You will be a highly motivated team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record on safety.
What You Offer:
- Welding ticket, Level A is required.
- Heavy industry experience.
- Previous experience in a flexible multi skilled work environment.
- Strong safety background.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major
forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse
lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in
safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the
local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with
world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce
sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable
future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach
Interfor is one of the
largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting
directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best
in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by
training, continued development and great benefits.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading
training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty
of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development
Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
Life in Adams Lake
Located in southern British Columbia, Adams Lake is surrounded by
forest-covered mountainsides making it an ideal location for outdoor
adventurers who enjoy snowmobiling, snowshoeing, hiking, off-roading, fishing,
kayaking, hunting, water sports, camping, and more. Nestled by the western
gateway of the spectacular Shuswap Lake system, Adams Lake is located
approximately 25km from Chase, a vibrant and progressive community of
approximately 2,600 residents. Chase is located 58km east of Kamloops (pop.
103,150), 45km west of Salmon Arm (pop. 20,100), and 19km west of Sorrento
We appreciate the interest
of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a
pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity
Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected
veteran status, or disability.