Weekend Industrial Millwright, Georgetown, South Carolina
is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by providing
world class training and education, advancement opportunities and competitive benefits.
You will work with the industry’s latest technology in clean, safe and modern facilities.
At Interfor, we live by our Core Values and our mission is to build value in
everything we do, every day. We are one of the largest, most diverse lumber
companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part
of our success!
What do our millwrights say about working at Interfor?
“Safety is the number one priority at Interfor”
“You are valued as an employee, and as a millwright you play an important role to keep the mill running!”
The most efficient time to do preventative maintenance and precision work is when the machines are not running. We are building our weekend crew and have a schedule developed for you! 12 hour shifts: Thursday – Sunday OR Friday – Monday with opportunities to work additional weekdays!
What You’ll Do
- Read and understand equipment drawings and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Cut, weld, and perform fabrication work with different types of steel.
- Assess repairs and estimate time frames to complete.
- Repair machinery in a timely manner.
- Identify mechanical and hydraulic problems and assist in findings solutions and making necessary repairs.
- Identify shaft sizes, measure up, and build shafts for replacement.
- Identify and change sprockets, bearings, and chains etc.
- Communicate directly and professionally with operators about how equipment is running to learn about any problems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the Planning and Scheduling Departments.
- Adhere to an absolute lock-out policy, ensuring that the power source is turned off, machine locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Submit work requests.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the time it took to complete the job.
What You’ll Offer
- 2 to 4 years of millwright level experience, preferred.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent Preferred.
- Prior manufacturing/warehouse/lumber operations experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to work in varying seasonal climate conditions.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, climbing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Ready to start your career? Apply at www.interfor.com/careers
All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.