Translation Specialist, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Translation Specialist, you will be responsible for
overseeing all activities related to written translations to and from English
and Canadian French, and act as the subject manner expert on all written
content and the Quebec language charters.
What You’ll Do
- Produce quality translations, revisions, and proofs within given deadlines to ensure linguistic quality, clarity, accuracy, and conformity with established Interfor terminology and style: English to Canadian French (90%), Canadian French to English (10%).
- Translate and self-revise complex and often urgent content, while preserving accuracy, meaning, and intent of the original; revise the work of other team members and external translation providers.
- Proof French and English documents to detect inaccuracies and typographical, grammatical, stylistic, and spelling errors.
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of terminology and language standards, and stylistic and grammatical consistency.
- Perform terminological research, contribute to the upkeep and development of the term base, translation memories, and inclusive writing guidelines.
- Handle queries from internal resources for translations to include proofreading, clarification of terminology, interpretation of meaning, tone, and resolve and any issues.
- Provide linguistic support to all staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in English-French Translation/Linguistics (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role as a translator, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Perfect command of Canadian French and excellent knowledge of Canadian English, including word usage, grammar, and idioms.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience and knowledge of Spanish translations is an asset, but not required.
- Experience with simultaneous translations is an asset, but not required.
- Need to understand the Quebec language charter.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g., font and structure), as well as maintaining Interfor brand standards.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills and ability to perform in varied circumstances.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting while being a self-starter.
- Communicate effectively, demonstrate integrity, and value diversity.
- Produce results and focus on customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work rapidly and meet deadlines.
- Ability to obtain and hold confidential information.
- Experience working with C-Suite staff.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.