Systems Integrator, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Systems Integrator, you will be a key contributor in the software administration and deployment process and will be responsible for integrating a broad range of technologies to create a cohesive, reliable, and easily deployable solution. The Systems Integrator is typically a generalist with broad knowledge and skills on a variety of technologies. You will also be responsible for managing the non-production environments for projects, program initiatives, and sustainment activities.
What You’ll Do
- Primary resource for administration of business application environments and their integration points
- Provide expert-level production support for IT Business Systems applications and data
- Technical coordination and implementation of IT Business Systems build, automation, and productivity tools
- Ability to plan, implement, and troubleshoot complex system scenarios
- Ability to work within overlapping initiatives and schedules, providing guidance and resolution
- Plan, coordinate and execute deployment strategies of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develop and maintain systems integration standards and pass criteria following our goal of deploying simple, consistent, repeatable, maintainable, and lights-out operation environments.
- Create automated tests to ensure that solutions meet systems integration and security standards.
- Develop and maintain release management workflow, including versioning, deployment plans, checklists, and deployment summaries.
- Execute deployments and implementations following change management process.
- Work closely with other SI’s, Business System Analysts, Developers, project team members, and Operations staff to ensure that all requirements, as originally specified, are satisfied.
- Create and maintain non-production environments.
- Communicate and assist the transition process of systems from the Build team to Operations.
- Automate deployment steps.
- Research and provide solutions and/or tools to automate and monitor processes where applicable.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous.
- Facilitate and participate in the creation of Environment Management Plans for diverse IT projects.
- Prepare and gather effort estimates for the environment aspects of IT projects.
- Participate in the development of Environment Management practices and policies.
- Manage test data (data tracking and scheduling, acquiring new data from production, running baseline updates, etc.)
- Manage resources on virtual infrastructure (troubleshooting, capacity planning, etc.)
- Contribute to the planning, design, and development of environments for new and existing applications.
- Management and maintenance of the team’s SharePoint site, including organization of data and upkeep.
What You Offer
- College diploma or University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in software development, release engineering, configuration management.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Applicable work experience with change, configuration, build and release management processes.
- Strong understanding of software lifecycle and application release processes.
- Proven analytical abilities as well as diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to rapid changes in scope and agenda to meet changing business needs
- Keen attention to detail.
- Familiar with databases, query languages and reporting – MSSQL, SSRS, SSIS
- Experience with source code repositories and build management tools, i.e. Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Services.
- Proficient in scripting utilities, i.e. Powershell
- Experience with issue tracking management, i.e. ServiceNow.
- Familiar with Agile concepts and methodologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
Working technical knowledge of some of the following:
- Nutanix or VMWare vSphere (3+ years)
- Windows Servers and Active Directory (3-5 years)
- Microsoft SQL Server (3-5 years)
- Cloud Platforms such as Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft security and authentication frameworks such as SSO, MFA, ADFS
- Automation scripting such as PowerShell and Python
- Process administration tools such as Azure DevOps and ServiceNow
- Administration and configuration of cloud applications
- Web Services, IIS
- ERP Systems
- EDI and ETL Systems
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.