Summer Student – Stores Clerk, Elk Lake, Quebec
When you join our team as a Summer Student – Stores Clerk, reporting to the Regional Buyer, Eastern operations, you will be responsible for procuring and replenishing commodities, services, supplies, and equipment for the Elk Lake Sawmill. The incumbent provides coordination of information between the unit and vendors and takes responsibility for the materials physical inventory management.
What You’ll Do
- Order and ship material requirements in accordance with the operating needs of the business unit.
- Manage systems and inventories to ensure the consistent and timely purchase and delivery of parts, equipment, supplies, and services to operations in compliance with corporate guidelines. (changing part numbers, information and documentation control of suppliers in the system).
- Ensure inventory management processes and guidelines are completed, including daily cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Ensure Shipping/Receiving tasks are completed on a daily basis.
- Perform other tasks, as needed.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary Education or equivalent.
- Relevant experience with similar tasks would be an asset.
- Be comfortable with using of technology.
- MS Office intermediate level (Excel) with material management system usage (SAP) would be an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to adapt organize workflow in a very busy environment.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
Rate: between $16,82 and $24,00 depending on the level of schooling completed
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.