Summer Student – General Labourers, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Summer Student – General Labourers, reporting to the supervisor, you will be performing in various tasks related to
What You’ll Do
- Attach lumber bundles for drying outdoors.
- Rebuild and replenish packages of lumber and planed lumber overturned in the yard.
- Work at stationary operation areas.
- Monitor and attend to the flow of production.
- Clean the yard and other area of the plants.
- Perform housekeeping indoor/outdoor.
- Clean during work stoppages areas inaccessible during operations.
- Perform other related duties.
What You Offer
- Hold high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Actively enrolled or proof of enrolment in Post Secondary School (College or University)
- Have at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Communication in the English Language
- Be available to work on day and/or night shifts as needed (variable schedule)
- Team working skills.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Exercise vigilance and adhere to all health/safety policies.
Hourly rate: $25.13 / hour
Week schedule 40 hours / week (4 10-hour shifts | Day & Night shift)
Who We Are
Interfor is a
growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products
markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood
products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class
facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value
for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable
forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building
materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more
about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies
in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our
What We Offer
Interfor builds value
for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and
prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the
role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive
We want you to grow
your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to
‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
We appreciate the
interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will
be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a
pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity
Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected
veteran status, or disability.