Stacker Kiln Supervisor, Bay Springs,
When you join our team as the Stacker Kiln Supervisor, you will be responsible for an engaging safety leader who will manage a highly motivated team in a technical and fast-paced manufacturing environment. This position will be responsible for the safe and effective management of the green stacker, sawdust burner and kiln drying operations.
What You’ll Do
- Provide direct supervision and leadership of crew members to support the green stacker, sawdust burner and kiln drying operation.
- Supervise the stacking, drying, and storing operations of in-process lumber products
- Lead the continuous improvement initiative efforts in safety, quality and productivity at the green stacker, sawdust burner and kiln drying operation.
- Coordinate with maintenance and production personnel at all levels of the site organization in order to continually strive for operational excellence.
What You Offer
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong analytical abilities and working knowledge of lumber handling, sawdust burner and kiln processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment
- Detail and results oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Minimum 3-5 years of industrial experience; specifically in the wood products industry would be an asset.
- At least 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of the lumber dry kiln operation would be an asset.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.