Shipping Assistant, Chase, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Shipping Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the shipping coordinator in the daily shipping and logistic operations while providing a safe and respectful workplace environment.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain highest standards with respect to safety at all times, lead by example and ensuring your team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Accurately manage, record and reconcile inventory levels.
- Aid shipping coordinator in daily production entry and updates.
- Arrange and coordinate lumber shipments and carriers in a timely manner.
- Produce and keep record of shipment related paperwork.
- Assist shipping coordinator in yard management, maintenance and housekeeping.
- Create and issue heat treat certificates.
- Create load plans and execute safe loading of trucks and railcars.
- Assist shipping coordinator in providing forecasts and production planning.
- Audit and record yard and safety observations.
What You Offer
- Review all related safety protocols and HATB’s, hazard investigations, DNA flow chart/training, Root cause analysis, and shipping procedures.
- Knowledge and experience within lumber manufacturing and sawmill operations.
- Post-secondary education preferred (minimum high school diploma).
- 2 years of shipping and/or logistic experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, react to changing circumstances.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.