Senior Security Analyst, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Senior Security Analyst, you will be responsible for maintaining the security of
the company’s network, systems, and applications. This position requires a deep
understanding of security best practices, common threats and vulnerabilities,
and experience implementing security controls to protect against them. The Senior Security Analyst will be responsible for
recommending, building, and implementing various security technologies,
solutions, and processes. Your experience and knowledge will be critical in
ensuring that the network, infrastructure, and application stacks are
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain the company’s information security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Implement security controls and measures to mitigate risks and vulnerabilities.
- Implement and manage EDR and MDR solutions to detect and respond to threats in real-time.
- Conduct vulnerability management and remediation activities to reduce the company’s attack surface.
- Respond to and investigate security incidents, including conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Keep up to date with the latest security threats and trends and provide recommendations to management on how to mitigate them.
- Conduct security awareness training and info sessions for employees to promote a culture of security.
- Develop and implement incident response plans, procedures, and playbooks.
- Produce detailed incident reports and technical briefs for management, administrators, and end users.
- Assist in the coordination and consolidation of internal and external audits and related remediation efforts.
- Perform threat and security risk assessments of third-party and internal applications.
- Assist with management and maintenance of cloud security applications.
- Research and maintain awareness of emerging security risks.
- Work closely with other IT teams to verify security configuration firewall rules, Layer 3 ACLs and VLANs.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an appropriate field such as Information Technology, Information Security, or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of IT security, with a strong understanding of cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Familiarity with industry-standard security frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, or PCI DSS.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, OSI model, and operating systems, including Windows and Linux.
- Experience in managing EDR, MDR, SIEM, vulnerability management, email security, and other security management tools.
- 3-5 years of experience with Layer 3-7 switches and firewalls.
- Security certifications such as SSCP, Security+, PCI ISA, CISM, GIAC, or CCSP would be considered an asset.
- Certification in networking (Network+, CCNA, or similar) would also be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in working with databases would be an asset.
- Previous experience in the lumber industry or related field would also be an asset.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of Information Security concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and data presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills to identify potential security risks and vulnerabilities, and to develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Solid technical background in areas such as network security, cryptography, access control, and identity management.
- Strong understanding of security principles and best practices, including threat modeling, risk assessment, and vulnerability management.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Independent thinker, with the ability to clearly express and articulate ideas.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.