Senior Recruitment Specialist, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Senior Recruitment Specialist, you will work collaboratively with our Eastern Region and Recruitment Team to build long-term relationships with our hiring managers and candidates striving to build value for our company through the delivery of top talent. The successful candidate will take a fresh look at the talent acquisition function and review existing processes, tools, and practices to propose an attractive and agile model to support Interfor’s growth objectives. Based on where the successful candidate is located, we are open to them being based our of any of our operations in Ontario or Quebec.
What You’ll Do
- In collaboration with stakeholders, analyze current programs, processes, tools, and practices to make recommendations based on best practices and manage their implementation in Interfor’s Eastern Region.
- Manage the relationship and act as the liaison between Interfor and external recruitment agencies.
- Develop recruitment campaigns/strategies to proactively attract qualified and motivated candidate for salaried and hourly roles with changing market trends.
- Create strategic partnerships and networks with various stakeholders (schools, community organizations, international mobility organizations, specialized firms, etc.) that have access to groups of talent.
- Meet with hiring managers to identify hiring requirements and act as the internal talent partner to hiring managers to help them identify the best candidates.
- Apply internal and external recruitment processes to fill a high volume of vacancies.
- Ensure the seamless integration of diversity and equity into talent acquisition processes.
- Collaborate with Interfor’s corporate team to optimize internal processes and the use of talent acquisition platforms.
- Develop, implement and use meaningful recruitment metrics to measure the effectiveness of talent acquisition activities to support growth objectives and continuously improve practices.
- Plan and manage the budget envelope for your area of responsibility.
- Closely participate in creating a strong employer brand.
- Attend career fairs within the region when required.
- Aid in the production of recruitment reports.
What You Offer
- Bilingualism in both English and French (spoken and written).
- University degree in human resources, administration, marketing or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in Human Resources, Talent Attraction, 3rd Party Agency or Corporate Recruiter role.
- Proven track record in full-cycle recruiting, preferably from an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of generalist HR areas (training, staffing, employment standards, human rights legislation).
- Strong networker and ability to market an exciting project to candidates.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Market knowledge and experience related to the forestry industry and softwood lumber sector are assets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and experience with applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively in an interactive team environment.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work at the speed of the business and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in finding both active and passive job seekers.
- High level of energy, drive, initiative, and commitment.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail,
- Ability to build and manage relationships with hiring managers and HR Representatives.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.