Network Analyst, Infrastructure, US Southern Operations
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Network Analyst, Infrastructure to join our IT Team in our Southern Operations. The Network Analyst, Infrastructure will work with other IT Operational Infrastructure team
members to respond to network related escalations, requests and projects as
assigned. We are open to candidates who live near one of our operations in the following US States: Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina.
What You Do
- Monitor all network infrastructure systems for service level integrity and performance.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Install and manage network switching, routing and firewalling equipment.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation as required.
- Provide support for network and VoIP system administration.
- Utilize Corporate Change Management procedures to ensure effective control management.
- Utilize the IT ticketing system to manage incidents, escalations, and requests.
- Assist in evaluating/selection of network and telecom hardware and software.
- Maintain network infrastructure consistency and recoverability.
- Perform daily monitoring; verifying the integrity and availability of all network systems and processes.
- Collaboratively liaise with other team members, departments, and appropriate vendors as required, following issues through to resolution.
- Assist with implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of network and telecom infrastructure.
What You Offer
- A minimum of 10 years of LAN and WAN technical support.
- Cisco Certification CCNA or equivalent experience/education required; CCNP preferred.
- Experience with Fortinet products including FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiSwitch, and FortiAP preferred.
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls preferred.
- Must be available to work extended hours (non-business) and some travel as required An excellent understanding of Network architecture, planning and design, implementation, problem resolution, maintenance, and upgrades to a wide range of LAN and WAN data network equipment and network infrastructure; including planning and designing of Network Security solutions.
- Expert-level understanding of IP networking and major Network Operating Systems (Cisco and HP preferred).
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience designing, configuring, installing and supporting network switches, routers, firewalls, VoIP hardware and network security infrastructure for LAN and WAN implementations (Cisco & HP) in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of DHCP, DNS, network topologies, protocols, and security components.
- Knowledge of wireless LAN, QoS, and VoIP infrastructure.
- Knowledge of monitoring, predictive, and proactive procedures.
- Experience working with service providers testing and troubleshooting analog and digital circuitry.
- Excellent problem management, decision making, and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive and energetic team environment.
- Project management skills applied to network deployment, upgrading, and general change management.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work under timeline pressures.
- Continual upgrading of industry knowledge through research, formal education and vendor information.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all
applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment
drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity
Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.