Senior .NET Developer (18-month contract), Burnaby,
When you join our team as a Senior .NET Developer (18-month contract), you will be responsible for ensuring a high-quality user experience and the delivery of the right data at the right time, to the largest user-base of 400+ members. The successful candidate will be accountable for improving the performance of and developing functionalities for the CrossCut Enterprise application. This position will report directly to the Lead in Application Development.
What You’ll Do
- Write clean, well-documented, and testable code for the product.
- Support the product community by maintaining code and fixing bugs in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in scrum and agile methodologies to complete projects and tasks.
- Participate in code reviews with the other developers.
- Full lifecycle application development; Tailor software solutions; customizations, and enhancements for customers using .NET.
- Produce clean and efficient code based on requirement documents following modern clean architecture and guidelines and best practices.
- Create simple technical documentation for references.
- Conduct unit testing and debugging of new and existing functions.
- Troubleshoots level 1 tickets following ServiceNow ticket tracking and documentation guidelines.
- Demo the solutions to the other development team member and power users of the product.
- Conduct research & development on existing and potential new product features.
- Collaborate with the team and share feedback, including what went well, and what we can improve.
- Experienced with .NET, object-oriented concepts (e.g JAVA, C#, etc), Microsoft SQL Database.
- Familiarity with Telerik control and Winforms is a plus.
- Software development experience in business software.
- Able to demonstrate mastery of a technical subject thar you’re passionate about.
- Familiar with working on end-to-end software projects: from architecture to implementation to documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience and understanding of a wide breadth of computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Positive, proactive, detailed oriented and driven to succeed.
- Ability to self-direct and work under timeline pressures.
- Must be willing to contribute to team goals and responsibilities.
- Willingness to keep up to date on industry knowledge through research, formal education and vendor information.
- Effective technical communication skills: you may be required at times to work 1-1 with our users.
- Knowledge of basic business principles.
- Familiar with working in an agile environment.
- Previous experience with the forestry business is considered an asset.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.