Senior Accountant, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for providing accounting, tax and analytical support within the corporate finance
team, and supporting other departments on cross-functional activities.
What You’ll Do
- Perform monthly financial reporting process for a multi-currency and multi-jurisdictional company, including completion of related revaluation calculations, account reconciliations, and consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare reconciliations to support monthly management reporting.
- Prepare reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and supporting documents on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, press release, and MD&A.
- Prepare legal entity financial statements for various compliance purposes.
- Prepare and submit compliance surveys for various government organizations.
- Liaise with and provide accounting and reporting guidance to the operational finance group.
- Prepare allocation and intercompany journal entries and reconciliations.
- Review payments batches for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Assist in the audit process by preparing working papers and related analysis.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of processes and systems supporting the monthly financial reporting to ensure efficiency and scalability.
- Assist the internal audit group in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of controls.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks to support the corporate finance team initiatives.
What You Offer
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in business/accounting.
- CPA designation or successfully completed CFE.
- 3+ years of audit experience.
- Experience in foreign currency and consolidations accounting is highly preferred.
- Experience in forestry or a manufacturing industry is an asset.
- Experience with Oracle or other enterprise-level financial system is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of IFRS accounting principles and practices.
- Positive personality with strong organizational abilities and high degree of accuracy.
- Performs well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-oriented and excellent relationship building skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.