Security Analyst, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Security Analyst, you will be support the team in protecting the organization from cyber threats, assist in monitoring ongoing operations, and support the development of an organization resilience to security incidents. Using your experience and knowledge, you will be required to troubleshoot incidents and manage escalations as required.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct real time tactical analysis and remediation of security events in compliance of our policies.
- Identify routine and non-routine indicators of security related events.
- Produce detailed incident reports and technical briefs for management, administrators, and end users.
- Assist in the coordination, facilitation, and consolidation of internal and external audits and related remediation efforts.
- Perform threat and security risk assessments of both third party and internal applications.
- Deployment and maintenance of security tools and solutions used by Interfor.
- Administrate cloud security applications.
- Handle escalations from team members as needed.
- Research and maintain an awareness of emerging or escalating security risks.
- Administration of SSL and Security certificates and private keys.
What You Offer
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in an appropriate field like Information Technology, Information Security or Computer Science.
- You have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of IT Security regulations and frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001/2, PCI DSS, OSFI.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, SFTP, HTTPS).
- Experience with at least one common SIEM tool (Splunk, LogRhythm, Azure Sentinel or SolarWinds) considered an asset.
- Proven experience managing projects and deliverables.
- Security certifications such as SSCP, Security+, PCI ISA, CISM, GIAC, CCSP considered an asset.
- Experience with programming and scripting (C++, Python, Powershell, Bash).
- Proficiency in working with databases considered an asset.
- Lumber industry and related experience considered an asset.
- You have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Information Security concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and data presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
- Possess excellent logical and analytical skills to help in analysis of security events/incidents.
- Knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse log data for syslog, http logs, DB logs for investigation purposes.
- Fast learner with a high sense of urgency, who welcomes challenges.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Independent thinker, with the ability to clearly express and articulate ideas.
- Ability to perform security audits and analysis of applications and develop corporate approved application list.
- Ability to create scripts to automate alerting and routine tasks.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.