Sawmill Superintendent, Thomaston, Georgia
When you join our team as a Sawmill Superintendent, you will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of the sawmill
and will work closely with other areas of the business to optimize the
production performance of the operation.
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Manage and identify opportunities to improve productivity, reduce cost, and maximize the quality, value, and recovery of lumber produced.
- Engage production and maintenance workers to achieve targets, meet expectations, and address deficiencies in a productive and professional manner.
- Ensure quality standards are met throughout the manufacturing process.
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
- Engage and support team members to achieve excellence in all areas of the business.
- Directly supervise plant employees from the logyard through the sawmill on multiple shifts.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competencies and knowledge.
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the sawmill department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all employees.
- Post-secondary education preferred, with an industry related degree or diploma
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of progressive sawmill supervisory experience
- Must have experience with all phases of sawmill operations, familiarization with optimization considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Desire to lead and support a talented team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Outlook and Excel
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company,
operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer
one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe,
produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute
to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and
operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are
proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy
and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our
approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies
in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our
What We Offer
value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow,
and prosper. We
offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and
benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow
your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to
‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position
must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.