Safety, Quality Control & Production Co-op, Longview, WA
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
The goal of our campus recruiting program is to develop Interfor’s next generation of leaders. We are proud of our commitment to students and the success of our campus program in 2020, even given the year’s challenges. At Interfor we strive to be a place where talented and diverse people want to join and build a rewarding career. Our campus program is key to our success in developing future leaders that reflect the diverse communities where we operate. As a student with Interfor, you have the unique opportunity to gain exposure at multiple locations if desired. Although this role is located in one location we allow our students to relocate to different sites.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are recruiting for Safety, Quality Control & Production Co-op for our sawmill in Longview, WA.
Our goal is to develop Interfor’s future leaders. Our Co-ops will work with Safety, Quality Control & Production staff to ensure quality standards are maintained and opportunities to improve safety, quality, and production are addressed. This is a unique opportunity to learn about the real business world and gain valuable, hands-on experience.
What You’ll Do
- Implement and perform daily quality control surveys in the following areas:
- Log Yard / Log Merchandiser
- Collect data on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for use in daily and weekly operations management.
- Collect data, perform analysis, and provide recommendations for various manufacturing improvement projects.
- Communicate results with management and crews.
- Develop quality benchmarks and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Analyze production performance and process control and make recommendations for production optimization.
- Provide support to operations staff as required.
What You Offer
- Working towards an undergraduate degree or diploma in wood products processing, forest operations management, operations management, or other related programs.
- Must have a basic understanding of safety rules and regulations.
- Prior industrial and/or heavy equipment experience is desirable for certain assignments.
- Mechanical aptitude or sawmill optimization experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of lumber manufacturing principles and processes an asset.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Naturally inquisitive with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent multitasking, planning, and organizational skills.
- Business process-oriented with the ability work with and manipulate data.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated team player with strong work ethic.
- Computer skills and aptitude.
- Working conditions include exposure to mill environment, (heat, cold & noise) and physical functions could include climbing of stairs, ladders and catwalks at elevated levels, walking on even or uneven surfaces, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.