Sawfiler / Benchman, Chase, British Columbia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Sawfiler / Benchman in Chase. Starting rate for this position is $46.15 per hour.
This position applies
to our signing bonus program.
What You’ll Do
- A strong commitment to working safely with the ability to follow and promote site safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair primary and secondary breakdown machine centers with regards to sawfiling.
- Assist production personnel with any sawing flow related problems.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all departments and personnel necessary to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Handle filing room workload to Head filer standards.
What You Offer
- Able to maintain job safety, quality and efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive / energetic team environment.
- Knowledge of power transmission machinery/parts including gear boxes, chains and bearings is an asset.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to function well under pressure.
- Roundsaw or Bench ticket.
- Previous sawfiling experience.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.