Sales Representative (Lumber Trader), Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Sales Representative (Lumber Trader), you will work with the Sales team to promote, coordinate, and manage the sales of
all products from operations as well as the Logistics and Planning group.
What You’ll Do
- Actively contribute to the execution of the Sales plan to ensure the company maintains “preferred supplier” status in its market.
- Contribute to the team effort of prospecting and maintaining service to key customer categories in order to optimize sales volumes, pricing, product mix, shipping and inventory.
- Work closely with Planning and Logistics to better manage and execute sales strategy.
- Manage a core group of external customers.
- Negotiate on a daily basis customer order on the open market in order to maximize returns on different product mixes.
- Gather and communicate key market information to the sales team on an ongoing basis.
- Continually build and maintain solid long-term relationships with existing customers and ensure customer’s satisfaction.
- Provide outstanding customer service with a goal of insuring repeat business.
- Manage the order files under your responsibility.
What You Offer
- College diploma or university degree in marketing, economics or business administration, or any combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the business community, the lumber industry, the sale of commodities or financial products.
- Bilingualism in both French and English (verbal and written) due to the customer base being in both the US and Canada.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and relevant sales system technology.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be available to travel on an occasional basis.
- A customer-oriented approach, listening and communication.
- Negotiation skill and the ability to establish and maintain business relationships based on respect.
- Planning, organization and agility.
- Team player and ability to concentrate in a fast pace and changing business environment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.