Quality Control Technician – Sawmill, Summerville,
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Quality Control Technician – Sawmill in Summerville, . Starting rate for this position is $25.45 per hour.
What You’ll Do
- Perform all machine operation verification
- Perform measurement verifications at each machine center
- Document, interpret data and utilize measurement data to drive improvements
- Perform wane and face audits at machine centers
- Communicate findings to supervisor when lumber is not meeting specifications
optimizer set up and perform adjustments as required.
- Work with
the Maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot and correct processes
and machinery to verify accurate lumber manufacturing.
operators to identify quality issues and how to perform quality checks
associated with their job.
- Verify and
audit operator quality check process.
- Provide daily report
of activities and any findings/corrections.
calibrations at machine centers.
- Conduct wane inspections to ensure proper edging techniques were used.
- Actively participate on team to develop and implement an effective Quality Control Program.
- Assist supervisor in developing quality processes in other areas as needed.
- Become involved with machine center studies to gain more insight into potential for operational and quality improvements.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Observe all procedures specified in the job safety analysis
- Perform any other duties as assigned
What You Offer
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in lumber operations, preferably Southern Yellow Pine
- Excellent performance in current role
- TPI Certification or ability to obtain certification within a reasonable period
- Understanding of lumber manufacturing processes, sawmill machinery, optimization, and how quality affects metrics.
- Ability to read and interpret gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with high levels of management, customers, vendors, inspectors, contractors, co-workers.
- Must be able to manage multiple and constantly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to reason with individuals on a consistent basis
- Basic mathematics skills that allow use of data including basic statistical analysis
- Comfortable with basic computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools at an intermediate level, preferred, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work rotating shifts (days/nights) and flexible hours.
- High School education or GED equivalent preferred.
- Technical training, a plus
- Experience commensurate with formalized education may be considered.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.