Quality Control Coordinator, Ostrom (Gogama), Ontario
When you join our team as a Quality Control Coordinator, you will report to the Mill Manager, and you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing quality control and process improvement programs designed to ensure that quality of product and continuous production are consistent with established standards for all departments of the Sawmill, Planer Mill and Log Yard. The mandate of this position will be to monitor all production aspects of the Mill from the logs in through to the final product out.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a positive work environment and safety awareness to those around you, while focusing on quality.
- Responsible to develop scenarios for potential improvements at the various workstations in the process of converting round logs into finished lumber. Analyze data collected at the control stage in order to target improvement strategies.
- Maintain and monitor quality goals and standards by conducting on-going lumber size checks. Ensure optimum trimming for grade and value.
- Responsible to ensure rough inventory turnover and monitoring to supply the planer.
- Manage improvement projects related to the quality of rough products and finished products.
- Design and utilize data collection systems which are essential in the measurement of quality. Collect information on new technologies through experts and others. Work with the Sales Department Staff to test new products.
- Work with the Management team on the development of new processes and products. Monitor parameters for optimized equipment and make required changes to maximize quality and realize maximum sales value for our product line.
- Need to understand the kiln drying process.
- Maintain contact with suppliers on optimization process.
- Educate employees to understand the importance of why quality specs are monitored and areas to monitor and how to correct for optimal quality results.
What You Offer
- College diploma in forestry techniques – preferably with an option in wood processing.
- Possess a current lumber grader license would be a strong asset.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing quality aspects related to wood processing. Equivalent will be taken in consideration.
- Strong analytical, organizational, mathematical, statistical and reasoning skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self – motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
- Commitment towards safety and environment
- Opportunity to learn alongside a talented team and be exposed to a variety of forest operations
- Competitive salary
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.