Quality Coordinator in Training, Elk Lake, CUSTOM.STATE
When you join our team as a Quality Coordinator in Training, you will report to the Mill Manager and you will work in close collaboration with all members of the management team. You will acquire knowledge and experience over a 12-to-18-month term while familiarizing yourself with all areas of Quality Control. You will be developing the skills necessary to plan, coordinate and direct quality control and process improvement programs designed to ensure that quality of product and continuous production are consistent with established standards.
What You’ll Do
- Achieve general knowledge of daily Quality Control, efficiency and safety standards
- Work along-side Quality Control Supervisor to oversee:
- QC process for the entire site as it pertains to product building code certification and field performance.
- Maintain a permanent quality assurance file for each product produced
- Receive all quality complaints and determine appropriate actions
- Inspect as required incoming materials for compliance with the quality assurance specifications and determine corrections required
- Routinely inspect each manufacturing process operation and note any and all discrepancies from specifications, procedures and corrections required.
- Perform internal and external audits to ensure quality control requirements are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain calibrations of process equipment.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on key performance metrics.
- Collect data on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for use in daily and weekly operations management.
- Collect data, perform analysis, and provide recommendations for various manufacturing improvement projects.
- Analyze production performance and process control and make recommendations for production optimization
- Gain an understanding of the facility layout and production process.
- Develop efficient communication techniques in order to work all departments.
What You Offer
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and applicable insurance, as well as reliable and appropriate transportation.
- Travel as necessary to complete duties.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in forestry education preferred.
- Working knowledge of log scaling, log grading, and wood procurement, or willingness to learn.
- Understanding of log specifications and ability to implement consistent Quality Control measures.
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Commitment to Safety
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Team player, Analytical and Result-Oriented.
- Integrity, thoroughness and professionalism.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.