Project Manager, Infrastructure Projects, Nairn Centre,
When you join our team as a Project Manager, Infrastructure Projects, you will be responsible for managing and
carrying out projects aimed at maintaining and improving the operating
infrastructure emerging from the planning exercise, to support the achievement
of production objectives.
As part of your duties, you will be
responsible for managing a variety of projects that will contribute to
improving operations competitiveness and profitability, in compliance with
current health and safety regulations and procedures.
You will provide the leadership
necessary to accomplish projects within the objectives, time and budgets
allocated, in a spirit of collaboration with all the stakeholders with whom you
will have to interact.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, monitor, and maintain the portfolio of improvement and maintenance projects for the operating infrastructure under your responsibility.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all stages of the process, from design to completion of the projects under your responsibility. This may include, but is not limited to:
– Supervising procurement, scheduling, cost control and information management for projects.
– Complying with procedures and standards in the preparation and monitoring of capital project management; and
– Conducting or actively participating in project review meetings.
- Contribute to establishing the necessary control measures to ensure projects are carried out in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
- Support the plants and the Director, Infrastructure Projects, by carrying out various return-on-investment studies for strategic projects under your supervision.
- Develop and maintain relationships based on collaboration and quality of service with plant stakeholders, contractors, and suppliers.
- Collaborate in budget development for projects under your responsibility.
- Enhance your level of skills and the expertise you provide to the plants.
- Ensure the integrity of project documentation in accordance with management standards and expectations.
- Contribute to various other ad hoc projects, as required.
What You Offer
- University degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, automation) or any combination of education and relevant experience in a similar role.
- At least five years of experience in project management, including the start-up phase, ideally related to the operations of a sawmill and the optimization of its activities.
- Understanding of the use of automation in the core processes and operations of sawmill units.
- Knowledge of the principles of operations analysis and project control.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety laws (Québec and Ontario) and environmental protection requirements.
- Bilingual (English and French, oral and written).
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD software and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Availability to travel regularly to plants in Ontario and Québec based on projects and needs.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Dedication, listening skills and agility.
- Ability to influence and engage a team to achieve specific goals.
- Strong planning, organization, priority-setting and time-management skills.
- Strong work ethic and good judgment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package. We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.