Project EHS Coordinator, Peachtree City, Georgia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Project EHS Coordinator for our Capital Projects Team based in Peachtree City, GA. The Project EHS Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and managing world-leading environmental, health and safety programs during the planning and execution stage of all capital projects for Interfor as part of the Capital Projects Team.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership in health and safety by demonstrating and upholding all safe work rules, procedures and practices, and addressing any unsafe acts and conditions as required.
- Manage/standardize safety policies and procedures pertaining to Capital Projects
- Work with the mill EH&S staff and contractors to improve and implement best practice safety policies and procedures to reduce at-risk acts or conditions while ensuring legislative compliance and due diligence.
- Ensure standardized reporting for accident/incident investigations. Help support and provide feedback for all associated personnel during projects in getting to the root causes of the accident/incident as well as ensuring follow up actions are applicable and completed in a timely fashion. Assist during serious accidents/incidents
- Perform safety and environmental inspections, audits and inspections to identify at-risk conditions or behaviors and ensure the management of compliance with regulatory safety requirements.
- Assist Capital Projects leadership with the development of short and long-term EH&S objectives, targets, strategies, and performance-based measures that prioritize and mitigate risks utilizing both leading and lagging indicators.
- Ensure EH&S system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations.
- Schedule and lead the project health and safety meetings and ensure that these meetings are effective and that actions agreed to by the team are completed on a monthly basis.
- Effectively communicate facility Environmental, Health & Safety vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee contractor safety programs and conduct project sited safety orientations.
- When present, manages and supervises installation contractors on day to day activities to ensure all individuals are demonstrating and upholding all safe work rules, procedures, and practices.
- Oversee and track all hazard incident reporting during projects.
- Manage crane lift/excavation assessments and work with contractors to ensure proper crane safety takes place during all lift and excavation events.
- Prepare and facilitate De-commissioning and Commissioning Check Lists.
- General project support to facilitate the execution of project plans, schedules and budgets.
What You Offer
- OSHA 30 certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Wood products or pulp and paper industry experience is preferred; industrial manufacturing safety experience is required.
- Well-versed in EPA, OSHA and related standards and regulations.
- Experience working with environmental programs and permits including management of documentation and inspections.
- Experience implementing and managing waste management programs.
- Valid US State driver’s license.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times; leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Strong analytical abilities as well as detail and results oriented.
- Ability to recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Thorough understanding of design and installation safety.
- Strong business focus and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.