Program Manager, Learning & Development, US South
When you join our team as a Program Manager, Learning & Development, you will play an integral part of
the Learning & Talent Development Team. Interfor’s Learning & Talent Development
team is small and mighty; we take teamwork seriously and you can expect to
collaborate. You will spend most of your time project managing, designing, and
building programs, catering to an operational workforce. Your role involves
collaborating closely with subject matter experts (SMEs, HR business partners
and other cross-functional teams).
This is a great opportunity for an established
Learning & Development practitioner to join the organization at a pivotal
time in our history. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with a
strong sense of ownership and a “get stuff done” attitude. You’re effective at
managing multiple projects at once, very detail-oriented and organized, like to
be busy and productive, learn quickly, and have a track record of being
adaptable in a high-growth environment.
The position can be based within the US South near one of our many operations in the region. This role will be based in the office, with the flexibility
to work from home on an occasional basis.
What You’ll Do
Training – Program Design & Development:
- Lead the development of assigned training programs, ensuring that they meet specific learning needs and are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Assess, plan, monitor, and evaluate all project related activities on training programs and manage project documents and updates such as project plans and status reports.
- Provide guidance and support to designated project members during the development and deployment of training programs.
- Oversee the daily work activities of your project team including monitoring progress, setting priorities, providing work direction and guidance.
- Design end-to-end learning & development programs, workshops, tools, and curriculum that deliver a high quality learner experience. Leverage Articulate authoring tool to build eLearning and partner with external designers to create engaging material for an industrial environment.
- Develop assessment tools that evaluate training effectiveness by measuring increase in learner’s skills, knowledge, and abilities after training.
- Develop standardized curricula format and templates for course material and facilitators.
- Quality assure projects to ensure compliance with instructional design best practices, quality standards, ethical and legal regulations as required.
- Align with relevant stakeholders to identify the knowledge and skills gaps and create training content and programs to address those gaps. Implement stakeholder communications plans to engage business leaders & technical SMEs. Evaluate pre-existing training content and programs by gathering feedback and analyzing program KPIs to re-version content as needed.
- Provide input on learning development strategy and annual training plans.
- Identify opportunities for training & development funding in Canada and the US.
Learning Management System (LMS) and Tools:
- Administer training content and programs in the LMS by uploading/updating content, managing training records, and deploying training.
- Train and assist users of the LMS, acting as primary point of contact for the LMS.
- Conduct remote e-learning sessions through LMS platforms and create libraries of recorded content.
- Manage tools and systems to support accurate and up-to-date tracking of training records, certifications, test results, etc.
- Prepare and produce LMS reports as needed to evaluate program success based on feedback and system KPIs.
- Maximize the effective use of all aspects of LMS functionality.
Facilitate Training, Learning & Development Programs:
- Facilitate dynamic classroom and virtual training, utilizing adult learning principles and various mediums (e.g. presentations, workshops, small group exercises, role plays, etc.) to effectively ensure transfer of learning.
- Create and deliver train-the-trainer programs and support technical SMEs in facilitation and training.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with the business to support quality learning and development experiences.
- Coordinate presenters, activities, equipment, supplies, and other necessary items
- Ongoing planning and program evaluation to ensure training content and programs are efficient and effective.
- Evaluate outside training partnership opportunities
- Work with the business to develop clear and effective training-related communications.
- Travel to Interfor Divisions and Offices required as needed.
What You Offer
- 3-5 years of related experience designing, developing, and delivering training, preferably from an industrial or manufacturing sector.
- Experience developing engaging eLearning with authoring tools (Articulate preferred).
- Ability to travel to Interfor Divisions and Offices in the US and Canada.
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, with the ability to analyze training data, report out on programs, and create monthly/quarterly reports for senior leaders.
- Experience working with a LMS (Cornerstone OnDemand preferred); capable of quickly learning new software programs.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to guide a project team to achieve high-quality results, on-time, and on budget.
- Knowledge of the HR domain, specifically the application of workforce analytics to support other HR programs and initiatives is preferred.
- Proven ability to cope effectively with change and manage priorities in a fast-paced, results oriented work environment. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to achieve results.
- You are responsible for your own success and take accountability for your actions.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and trust with Operations and HR.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Self-driven and action-oriented with the ability to consistently follow through.
- Innovative, creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve and optimize processes.
- Proactive and results oriented with the ability to take initiative to analyze situations and find viable solutions.
- The ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Efficiency in planning and organizing work, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- A good sense of humour and positive outlook.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.