Production Technician, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Production Technician, you will support the mill to run smoothly by ensuring everything has a place and that the yard and sawmill are clean. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities.
What You’ll Do
- Tie up bundles of rough lumber for drying outside;
- Redo and stack bundles of rough and planed wood in the yard;
- Perform clean-ups of the yard and sawmill;
- Perform clean-ups after interior and exterior sawing operations;
- During work downtime, clean areas that are inaccessible during operations;
- Other duties as required.
What You Offer
- Ability to work well on a team;
- Ability to work independently and be full of initiative;
- Show vigilance and a concern for health and safety;
- DCS, DEC, or equivalent;
- Prior experience at a sawmill is an asset;
- Availability to work day and/or night shifts.
/ hr (+ $1.00 / hr on all night shift hours)
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Carpooling Program: $15 per person transported to and from the mill per shift. (For those employees who are traveling from 50km or greater to work).
- Financial Assistance Measure (for those employees who are traveling from 50km or greater to work).
- $0 per day worked when the price of gasoline is less than $1.50/litre (based of Ear Falls Gas prices)
- $10 per day worked when the price of gasoline is between $1.50 and $1.75/litre (based of Ear Falls Gas prices)
- $25 per day worked when the price of gasoline is more than $1.75/litre (based of Ear Falls Gas prices)
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
If you are
invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any special
accommodations you may require. Any information you send us will be treated
with respect and confidentiality.